Direct Support Professional/Job Coaches
The Jewish Union Foundation is seeking motivated Direct Care Workers to work with individuals with developmental disabilities in Brooklyn and Manhattan facilities and at job sites in order to help them increase independence and work towards personal goals. Positions available in Brooklyn and Manhattan—up to 28 hours/week.
- Working one-on-one with individuals as well as leading group sessions
- Job Coaching at training and various work sites
- Monitoring individuals goals and progress
- Providing social skills training in individual and group settings
- Training individuals to independently navigate public transportation systems
- A desire to work with adults with disabilities
- Ability to provide positive motivation to others
- Valid Drivers License required
- Must be caring, dedicated, responsible, and patient
Community Habilitation Workers
The Jewish Union Foundation is seeking creative and motivated individuals to work one-on-one with developmentally disabled adults as part of our Community Habilitation program. Part time positions open with very flexible hours. Evening and weekend hours available. Availability in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Long Island.
- Working directly with a disabled individual in their home or out in the community
- Planning and implementing activities that help foster independence and promote community involvement
- Helping individuals develop social and relationship-building skills
- Supporting developmentally-disabled adults in developing and achieving personal goals
- Completing paperwork to track an individual’s monthly progress and monitor their work towards specific goals
- Modeling productive and appropriate behavior for the individuals you work with
If interested in any position, please send your resume to RosenbaumI@ou.org
Yachad/JUF is dedicated to addressing the needs of all individuals with disabilities and including them in the Jewish community.